Day One at Sansar


It has been almost two years since I typed on this blog, one originally made to chronicle the growth of Sansar and then turned into a more universal metaverse theme.

I hadn't ventured over before because of the Creator Agreement. At the very beginning it was OMG are you kidding? and then later still not something I was comfortable agreeing to. But now BETA is in effect and also the simplifying of agreements thing has deleted a lot of lawyer-speak which is always a good thing.

I spent most of the day at Sansar and accomplished some things. The default avatars, while not pretty have some fairly nice clothes and I found a super cute Pride Overalls item for free on the marketplace.



There were ups and downs and lots and lots of reading in the knowledge base. I got stuck with uploading an attachment that was to be a bracelet. A couple of folks have tried to find the issue but so far no go. "Things may have changed with the new custom avatars" was one comment. So hopefully my "h-e-l-p" note to support will have the missing info needed.

On the plus side I uploaded that bracelet SO MANY times I have the steps indelibly etched on my memory cells.



I did manage to get some crates uploaded. That seemed fitting as my tutorials always start with a crate. These were some of the first items I made in SL but they look pretty good. I have my vendor photo all done and plan to put them on the marketplace for free tomorrow. The bangle will get there whenever that gets solved.

Marketplace vendor photos rules have them very neat and clean -- and easy actually.   This is a render and not an inworld shot as while I did get my atmospheric settings changed a bit, they are not good for inworld shots yet.  I read through all the photo info and hopefully this will be OK. If not, I will find out :D.

I really like the uploader and while there were lots of tiny issues and much sleuthing, it was all manageable and I feel like a good day could be jotted down on the calendar.

I not too keen on the movement key bit but all in all it was easier than I expected.

*****************

Early in the wee hours of the the next day I finally got the bangles working. The skeleton had some issues and the transform needed to be cleared.