Physics and All That Jazz - Day 3


Today was a big project day with an attempt (successful) at uploading a building into Sansar. Since I hadn't made it with the Sansar rules in mind, I had a lot of remapping within Blender, but I like this little shack and wanted it in my new space.

I learned a LOT today about what you can and can't do with linksets. I also got a bit better at hopping around my scene via the mouse wheel teleport feature (a bit like double clicking in Firestorm).

Someone messaged me this morning wondering how I was doing in Sansar. She was in both SL and Sansar and had been in Cloud Party although I don't know if we were there at the same time. Lots of conversation and info which was welcome.

I joined Discord kicking and screaming (not a social media buff) simply because the Sansar forums are now on Discord. So that's where the action is and help when needed.

I basically worked things out on my own today; logic was the key.  There are plenty of things that work well in Sansar and plenty of things that are missing -- like being able to link mesh pieces together (which would have solved my current problems :D). But patience is good and we will appreciate features when they become incorporated.  My building in the top photo for instance looks great but has no physics since you cannot upload BOTH a linkset (needed since this wasn't a Sansar build and I had to improvise) and a collision model for the same object.  So I will tackle that issue tomorrow. I have at least one idea. Sometimes ingenuity is all that is needed.


I have sold a couple of things on the store which is fun. I won't be getting rich this week, but still -- that made me smile.  The Sansar store is very simplistic at the moment with only a few steps to list something. Photos need to be VERY basic with no text or anything distracting.  600 x 600 is the size.


As mentioned by many folks, one of the high points of Sansar are the graphics. Normal maps look GOOD here and I am going to start adding them into my builds.

The UPLOADER is a dream come true. A little complex but all in one and your item comes into your inventory ready to go with absolutely nothing else to do but plop it down or send it to the store with a once click listing.

Navigation is still tricky for me but I AM getting better. There are ways I want the camera to move that doesn't seem possible, BUT I found some new angles today so maybe I will find more tomorrow.