Saying Goodbye

I recently left a grid.

Well I am still there in body and my shop is still there and I have one good friend there (the only reason that I am there at all!). But in spirit I am gone.

One of the grid owners made a statement not long ago about the company you keep. Unfortunately the company on that grid was pretty toxic. Not everyone of course but enough to make you wonder why you bother.

Lots of bashing and negative comments, very few if any thank yous for energy expended and items given -- you get the idea.

In the end the grid is as much about the citizens as it is about the company that runs it. If one is bad, the grid suffers. If both are bad, its life is marked for failure.

We need to think about that and be kind to each other. If we are threatened we need to ask ourselves why we feel threatened, not lash out at the nearest scapegoat.

It would be good if The New World was a Utopia of bright and shiny goodness. Most likely it will embrace the best and the worst of what humanity has to offer.

Let's hope the good guys are in the majority.