Sunlight and Movement - Day 4

You won't believe ALL the steps needed to get this simple vendor photo. But I now have WORK FLOW --- the key. 

I am not planning on a long term diary here, but a chronicle of my first week seems doable.

It has been a decade since I had to learn how to move and cam in Second Life. Intellectually I remember the learning curve, but this week has brought those memories home in a visceral way.

The uploader looks daunting with lots of choices, but it was not nearly as hard to master as -- well, walking smoothly, teleporting  ON PURPOSE and figuring out how to get a good camera angle.

Then there is the atmosphere (think Windlight that is not Windlight).  I OH SO MUCH want to move that sun where I need it to be. Maybe there is a way or maybe that will come in time, but getting a good vendor photo is very difficult. That is easy to see really from the photos in the store. I get it. HARD.

Eventually I found a workable work flow and along the way learned how to run  -- by accident of course.  I also appear to be the first one to sell a collision mesh (thinks physics model in SL) for a build that couldn't have one automatically.  It ain't eloquent but it works and people can have their linkset and be able to bump into walls in a natural manner.

So a very good day.

Holding down the mouse wheel you can pan to find a place to teleport to -- then lift up and you are magically there! 

The atmosphere is more difficult to deal with as it seems to take its clues from the "skybox" surround that is a special 360 degree photo. They are impressive, no doubt but they seem to be more limited (right now anyway) than our hometown options with all the sliders.

I have one favorite experience with a lovely sky so I can copy that over when needed and of course I will likely learn more as time goes by.   The movement controls (so very much NOT documented) are easier now and I can pan an shift and zoom fairly simply. Fairly I guess should be in quotes.

There are two separate modes in Sansar, one when you visit and experience and a different one when you work on your experience.  The RULES of movement vary (well of course they do).  I did find that in edit mode you can zoom in and cam to see details. That doesn't seem to be true in visitor mode. Hence vendor photos need to be taken while your coveralls are worn and hands and dirty.


So tomorrow I will work some more on my current experience and publish it soon!