CG Textures and the New SL TOS

Since it was mentioned on the Second Life forums a time or two that the litmus test of the new TOS would be two fold. First would a long time real life mesh creator who felt he would be breaking real life laws by accepting the TOS of August (enabling him to continue with projects or claim his money sitting in Linden Lab coffers) would return. Second would be if C G Textures would once again let their offerings be uploaded into Second Life.

So far I have not see the well-spoken, helpful and intelligent creator return -- he is likely moved on. I did however, do a little research into the CG Textures position.

This article on Jo Yardley's blog pretty much says it all.


In completely unrelated news, I heard that a new grid will be opening up mid August. I have very little info beyond its name and the knowledge that at least one Inworldz mall owner will be abandoning her region to start anew.

I will of course be checking up on the new platform. I am assuming it is based on the Second Life model -- only because that is where the grid hopper will be coming from. I may be surprised. Hopefully so.