Note To Self

This isn't so much about the new world, but a note to myself as a reminder of events surrounding the announcement.

I have been in Inworldz for seven months now. Tonight I more or less turned in my resignation from the grid. I may return from time to time but my heart and interest is no longer there. This is primarily because of the attitude (in general) of the citizens. They are whiny, bashing and vindictive -- not everyone of course but a large enough portion of the population to put a damper on my enthusiasm.

They spend an inordinate amount of time saying negative things about "the big grid". They left. They moved on. So MOVE ON!  That's pretty much my attitude.

I have way more support from friends and folks I don't even know (like in blogger groups) in SL than I get from IW. I have one new friend there that I appreciate and a few SL friends that I pushed to come over  -- and who aren't there all that often. Other than that? Not much to hold me there.

One can make money on other grids, but it is traditionally much (MUCH) less than you can make in Second Life. So from a business standpoint that big grid is the place to be. If you simply want to visit in avatar fashion with your friends on the other side of the globe? Well there are plenty of grids that will fulfill that need.

This DOES have something to do with The New World however. It is a good lesson on how important connections are. If all of your SL friends move over to The New World, it is likely you will follow. If they all stay in SL? Well the same holds true.

So I suspect there will be a fairly long period when things are shaking out. When folks decide where they want to be. Some will make the first move (or not), the vanguard folks. Others will follow their lead. In the end it won't be the platform that decides where folks live -- it will be the people inhabiting that world.