Ranch Life

A little tardy, I am posting this here -- a copy from the forums.

A bit over two weeks of working everyday (with lots of things already made of course for SL) and I have published my first experience.

I was a bit worried as we all know about those 30 minute downloads and no one (NO ONE) was willing to give any hints on "Best Practices" and downloads.  Happily the site seems to have an average download speed of about 15 seconds which is pretty much unheard of in Sansar :D. So I am a happy gal.  I learned a lot and definitely got my feet wet. 

648322448_RanchLifeAtlaswithdarkborder.thumb.png.789fdaeb548ed55b9b4ad3fbb24309e0.png

The mesh is made in Blender with Cycles textures (natch) which is definitely NOT the norm for Sansar. I has a different look than the other experiences I have visited, more dreamy (my environment setting probably has a bit to do with that).  I pretty much used my SL knowledge of how to build a fast loading an unlaggy site -- and happily it worked. 
  
So stop by and wander around if you are out and about. I am happy to answer any building questions.    
RANCH LIFE   (not sure if I am supposed to put in an "outside" link here but you should be able to find it -- or poke me).