We Are All Connected

I started this blog in preparation for the future.

I thought it would be good to have a "New World" blog already in process (such a crafty dame).

I also wanted to chronicle the events and atmosphere leading up to the birthing of the new platform. I like keeping records. It is a bit like a diary.

Those were my reasons, but I find that people are actually coming here to read my thoughts. It's OK. It isn't private.

So here are my thoughts for today.

Someone on the Inworldz forums (before I stopped reading them) wondered why there were so many post about Second Life. Why should the IW population care?

Well, for starters -- Second Life was the vanguard and is historically the largest and most popular -- and "successful" grid around. The world watches SL, they don't watch the tiny grids with concurrency of 35 - 300. That just makes sense.

There are several "six degrees of separation" type theories. I find the idea difficult to fathom really but let's say it is true. The bottom line is that we are ALL connected -- and THAT I do believe. What happens to one of us sends ripples into the worlds of the others.

Blue Mars and Cloud Party both closed. Different reasons but the effect reflected on all virtual worlds. That might not be fair, but it is indeed true. Now folks point to the failures, and perhaps that is to be expected. The history of one of us is in some part the history of all of us.

I would have been much happier in Inworldz without the constant bitching about Second Life. I think I can say b*tching here; I have no affiliations to anyone on this particular set of prose pages *wink*.

We really need to be supporting each other, not try to rip each other apart.

I hope we learn some lessons along the way.

Somehow, I doubt we will.


PS. Thanks for stopping by.