Movers and Shakers and Elitism

Well what can I say --

There is a group in SL, sort of moved over from the August Terms of Service days. It promotes original content -- a good thing. I am all for that.

But --

well of course there is a but. I read on the forums that this group really doesn't take all original content creators. When I looked at the list it was the movers and shakers that were listed, not the "little folk".

To be fair, I did a test. I had my alt put in an application. She has absolutely no questions asked original content and does not sell to other parties as full perm (a criteria).

You know what? She too wasn't accepted.

Now I know that most of the people in the top level of this original TOS group left. I don't know the complete details. Megalomania was mentioned :D,  but I was not there. What I can say is that having a group that only caters to the top tier creators while seeming to be for ALL original content creator is NOT a good thing.

So -- while it is likely that most of the folks listed (I mean I am sure the leaders are not checking daily for anything that could possibly be borrowed and oftentimes you can't tell anyway) are legit, leaving out the other 70 per cent or so of "legal" folks -- just isn't right in my book.

Another demerit for the fearless leader who really does seem to like running the show with her character's name in the marquee.