The Pulse of SL

It's August. A traditionally slow time.

And yet ---

And yet --

there are many things that don't seem slow at all --

* More new shopping venues are showing up with good attendance.
* My personal income is the best it has been for a summer month that I can remember. I have no idea if that transfers over to others, but I am not doing any advertising or changing product types. Nothing that I can attribute the raise in revenue to except perhaps support from the general public.


 and other things are regressing --

* The forums have very few post other than ads for land.
* Land prices (rentals) seem to be down; there are many spots with less than $1L per prim prices (my personal standard when shopping).

There is no way to actually know what those factors add up to. There are fewer people online but not by scads. Some folks have left the grid over the New World announcement, but not all that many judging from Inworldz's new account additions.

Are people be intentionally more supportive?
Have they switched to a more nomadic life and abandoned property or rentals planning to "play" and not "nest"?

We can't really know.

Someone on the SL forums aked why the linden dollar wasn't losing value with the announcement of the new world. Personally I thought that strange and couldn't see why one would necessarily influence the other. Any major changes are years off, not weeks. Life is moving on as usual for most folks. If they are ignoring the possible future -- well whatever works for them :D. If they just feel it is too far in the distance to worry about -- well I get that too.

From my point of view things seem pretty stable and in fact better than I would expect for THE mid summer month.

That is encouraging.