Cherry Manga Now in Opensim

If you follow the arts at all you know that Cherry Manga has been a prominent artist in SL for some time. I was happy to share a second place prize with her some years ago. It was only because there was a very small pool of creators I am sure *laugh*, but it made me happy.

I missed the party, finding her announcement on an OpenSim community portal, but she is closing her SL sim and will create now on the Franco grid where she has been for some while. Her long explanation is quite informative and perhaps a mirror of various artists. It has been evident since the TOS of August 2013 that many artists have stopped producing.

Whether it is because of those still faulty terms of service or simply a monetary thing, the numbers of those applying for grants as well as entering contests have noticeably declined.

Romping around OpenSim has been a pleasure and I have learned alot including my forgotten pleasure of prim building. (I AM much better and faster now than I was so that helps too.) I appreciate OpenSim for what it is and Second Life for what it is. Two different worlds, I exist happily in both.

I had to smile at Cherry's comment about avatars not obsessed with their nails and breasts. I have NEVER cared for prim boobs in any form on anyone so that wasn't an issue. Still, after seven years as a fashion blogger I DO want to look good. Happily I have found some places on various grids that generously give away some very nice things so that those of us that care CAN look good as we go about our hippie-like existence on the anti-establishment grids.

I wish Cherry all the best and will definitely be visiting from time to time. I have always enjoyed her work and plan to keep doing so -- on any grid.