December Grid Report WAY early :D

OK. This isn't really the December Grid Report, but there is a lot going on out there and while I was going to START writing up the report and press that save button, it was not in the best interests of journalism.

So here is a brief update on "some" of the grids.


Great Canadian Grid

Great Canadian Grid has had lots of new residents this last month and are in the black so far as server bills and dev team salaries. I had been a bit worried when I saw folks disappearing from the free housing area, but no -- they were only leaving for their own sims.  As a non-profit enterprise, " It means from here on in, everything will be going towards more options, better modules and better service."

Money issues (aside from the opting into to Virwox system in order to either buy or sell goods) seems to be over and Virwox apparently will now work with vendors (maybe only some as I am not a vendor gal) which is a plus for all the grids. Thanks for Roddie's dev team for working so hard on that.



Aviworld

Things have been up and down of late with Aviworlds. On minute the grid had 418 regions, then next back to 300 something. Severs were down for regions at times, asset server (or the database for clothes and such) not working. Things were back to normal yesterday. I assumed that putting in new regions caused an issue.

Being a good little sleuth I checked the Google Plus group site to find that a grid merger had come and gone. There is an explanation there for anyone that wants more info. I expected that not all inclusions would go smoothly; that is just the nature of humanity.

I did note in the night (yes, I made an account with the intention of putting in an art installation -- we'll see if that works out) that there is a new multi sim area for kid's going up. Looks like it will be cute with a town and a playground. There is also a lovely oriental grid (I am guessing an OAR file) just up and lots of other places to explore.

Also on the plus side of the equation, there is now a search engine for the grid in the backend on the website. This makes it a bit easier to find things. I suspect that in order for things to show up they need to have that "show in search box" checked in the object tab of the item.

Another very important change (at least for now :D) is that the FREE LAND offer will not be going away on December 4, so all my musings in a previous post will never be proven either way. That's OK!  I noted a whole slew of new subdivided sandy sims on the grid waiting for new arrivals.


Kitely

Now I haven't been all that kind to Kitely in the past and apparently I don't have an account there; I thought I did but the database doesn't agree. I can visit via the Hypergrid though and that works well.

I also have a real life friend with an account in Kitely and he gave me a tour the other day. I was impressed with the improvements. I had noted on my hypergrid journeys that the wait time was much less. As I watched from the sidelines I saw that the way station has disappeared; you don't even notice the cloud aspect of the equation. Now, possibly if you went somewhere the server wasn't expecting, it might be there, but GREAT improvements!

I also got a brief view of the backend of the Kitely Market and I was very impressed with how well it worked and how intuitively. This is the best workflow model that I have seen for a virtual marketplace.