Keeping Connections

Last week as you read this I had the opportunity to catch up with an old virtual acquaintance. We met at Iheartsl when it was young and a community blog. We have kept in touch in that every few months fashion over the years.

HISTORY is important. FRIENDS (however you may define the term) are also. It is smart of The Lab to transfer our friends list over to the new world. Certainly there will be folks in our collection that are not actually there -- but still it will give us a feeling of transition.

I have a few friends from my youth. Most are real life folks who now and then still log on. Some are people I met in my early days. Many folks in my list are designers who I suspect just want to keep track of me in case they want to send review copies. It all works.

On of the things that keep people returning to their virtual world of choice is the connections they have made with others. On one grid I log in simply to chat with the lady that gave me a home there. We also email and discuss life in both virtual and corporeal existences.

I am not a big networker. I really don't need to know everything everyone does at each hour of the day. But I do like to keep in touch.

It would be quite spectacular if we could chat BETWEEN SL 1.0 and SL 2.0. That has been hinted at but I have no idea how difficult that might be.

Here's hoping it can be done.