We Are Still Shopping

Arcade Flea Market at The Pea
One worry when The New World was announced concerned folks abandoning their shopping habits.

Now I am not a networker but I am fairly plugged into the shopper network even though I seldom actually BUY things *wink*. So I wasn't all that worried.

Judging from the huge amount of resell buyables at the flea market above, it looks like folks are indeed still shopping. We could also call it gambling or maybe even "investment".

Since I am not a gambler I have taken up stalking this big market and have done very well -- finding things that I want without taking any risk. Works for me and my temperament.

Most of these items will in theory port over, but they are one of a kind so it will be an either here or there thing -- and actually we don't know that won't be a choice on even copy items.

The summer has continued to be one of my best monetarily and I see no huge influx of closing store. Some name venues have pared down their vendor numbers. Whether this was due to lack of interest or another reason I can't say.

There are tons of things to do and places to go in Second Life; that doesn't seem to have changed at all.

So it seems we are in pretty good shape.