Sifting Through Breadcrumbs

I like writing notes to my future self, so that I can look back and recall at least in part what was happening in this time. I have never been much for "journaling" but blogging is a form of that sometimes.

I am trying to get the pulse of various platforms, to see if there was (or is) any fallout from The New World announcement.

SL seems to be fine with so many venues to explore and things to do I don't see how anyone could get board. We have established (previous post) that folks are indeed still shopping.

I have to say that for me this week has been slow. I have no inkling why that might be. Kids are back in school, vacations are over for the most part -- at least for the Northern hemisphere folks.

One thing to note in Inworldz (second largest grid after SL but very small in comparison) is that some SLers definitely moved over. How do I know that? Well -- some introduced themselves on the forums. But for me, the tell-tell event is the increase of sales for me on the Inbiz marketplace.

Historically I have sold VERY little there. Now I don't have a lot of stuff on the market there as -- also historically -- the Inworldz folks don't shop on the Marketplace; they shop in world.

So -- let's look at that. Six months of only a few sales (most all the same minimall LOL) and then an increase with a variety of things being sold. To me, this means the SL folks are shopping. And -- as well all know; SL folks are GEARED to Marketplace shopping. Many don't buy inworld at all except perhaps at venues.

So concurrency in IW is up a bit. Monthly logins also up a bit. And Marketplace sales (for me anyway) up quite a lot.

The new grid, Virtual Paradise (which seems to be changing its name to Virtual Life) is growing well. Still tiny it is up about 30% in the month that I have been there. Lots of things work very well there which is a plus. So you don't really feel you are in a "beta" type world. I was trying to make an AO since there really IS no AO except for the free-and-we-are-glad-we-have-it one :D. I have some stands painfully made (no mocap here) but the frustration level is too high and I am not having fun so that project will probably be abandoned.

In SL I am covering The Jewelry Fair, Clockwork Spiral, The RFL Home Show along with all my regular release and venues so it will be a busy week.

OH, one more thing. The OS grid has been down for awhile. Major issues it seems. I haven't tried logging into Metropolis lately but the symptoms people were reporting with OS grid are much like I experienced when trying to explore.

And that's what's happening a third of the way through September 2014.